Monday, March 12, 2018

PARIS - DAY THREE - WEDNESDAY, MARCH 7

David and I have both been sleeping later.  Actually, HE'S been sleeping later, I'm still getting up about the same time as usual since I've always slept later anyway.   My spirits are much better.  I just have to realize I need to walk slowly to minimize the knee/leg pain.

Today, with intermittent rain, we walked to the metro to go to a store, Maison de Monde, to look for some fun house things.  This store is fabulous and has great prices.  We learned of it on an earlier visit and at a different store location.  This store is in a great mall (I'll have to go back!!) and we left with about 5-6 full bags.  We bought dishes, glasses, a quilt, a small lamp, a large wall clock, placemats and a few smaller items.

Part of my struggle with the apartment is it's styled very differently than my personal style so I'm having trouble knowing how to blend the two.  That said, right now my initial "least favorite" room (the kitchen) is becoming my "most favorite" room--because it reflects us the most.  The bedroom is getting there...needs wall hangings and throw pillows (you'd think an easy fix but none I've seen are what I want).  I keep thinking of  things in our Plano storage room that would be perfect!!  But, no, I am not having them shipped!!!!!  I'll be patient and keep my eyes open here!  Too, I need a good flea market!

Before it was bare, now it's a little cozier!
The kitchen is bigger than I was expecting, which was a good surprise.  Yeah, the cabinets are an odd neutral shade and the appliances are white but I'm okay with all that.  It's a little retro looking so we went with that and used red and black.  At least there's a regular oven, microwave, washer-dryer combo, dishwasher (which we haven't used yet-just washing by hand like the old days!!) and larger-than-normal-for-Paris refrigerator.  It's a nice, little kitchen and I really like it.  Still need some touches and we're going back to Maison de Monde for a wire basket for fruit and veggies-you don't refrigerate them here.

After our shopping expedition, we stopped at a little store and I used my meager French with the young woman sales associate's meager English and bought a curling iron (a girl has her priorities!!!) - and she threw in a texturizing product for free!  I love free!!!! and it was fun using my French!!

We finally got home,  I tackled some laundry in the demon washer, drying-racked some things and put everything we bought in it's place while David did some financial work on the computer.

The aforementioned demon washer!!
It was 8:00 and we walked down the street to a new cafe where I had a Caesar salad with chicken (unlike any Caesar salad I've ever had!) and onion soup.  We shared a piece of pear pie!  Delish!

We have no wifi or cable till next Tuesday😢 so it's pretty quiet here!  But I enjoy hearing the sounds of our neighbors (crazy???!!!).  We even hear someone practicing the piano!  

It's families living in a different way than I know.  I like that.....

No comments:

Post a Comment