Tuesday, March 13, 2018

PARIS - DAY FIVE - FRIDAY, MARCH 9

Today was a good day! I've decided this is a slow process this changing my whole life.  Perhaps my expectations were too high.  Plus, I've never known anyone who did it...at least to another country!

The mornings are typically slow which I enjoy.  David and I enjoy breakfast, chatting about our plans for the day.  Today we'd decided (I think that's the corporate we!!!!) was "cleaning day"!!!  Sounds fun, huh????David thought so too!!


Le petit déjeuner!
Things have slowly been put in place but today we rearranged some furniture (I did this all the time when the kids were growing up-Andy especially liked when I did it) and everything looks better now.
After that, I did bathrooms/kitchen and David vacuumed all the wood floors and I followed him "swiffering" them.

I finally decided on the look I want for the dining room (after our rearranging) so, for the third time this week,  we headed to that mall I said I wanted to return to in an earlier post.  I didn't mean this week!!!!!  We took the bus again which I really enjoy.  It reminds me of taking the bus to downtown Kansas City with some friends when I was maybe 14 - we all felt so grownup!!!!  Anyway, David and I knew exactly what we wanted so we went, we got and we came home.

David wasn't feeling great (much sniffling, sneezing and coughing) so again we napped.  It's amazing how a little nap (or in my case not so little!) can refresh you.  Things should begin slowing down as we settle into a routine.  I look forward to days where we can just stroll through one of the many beautiful parks, stop in a one of the many museums (the Louvre currently has a Purim exhibit I'd like to see), visit the American Library (actually a neighbor of ours) and visit Shakespeare & Company, an old bookstore for expats.  The list is endless and once the apartment is settled our normal life really begins......

No comments:

Post a Comment