Monday, March 12, 2018

PARIS - DAY FOUR - THURSDAY, MARCH 8

Today was a tough day for me.  I said when I began this little journal I would be brutally honest because we all know nothing is perfect and wonderful all the time.  Today's that day!!  I wish I could explain it but I can't.  Being out of your culture and comfort zone is just difficult in some aspects while fabulous in other aspects.

Again in intermittent rain, we took a bus to a larger Monoprix in hopes of finding the elusive baskets for the bathroom. We've looked at many places for these baskets that we could find in multiple places in Plano.  My leg was really stiff and sore today (from all this walking, I'm sure) so all the walking was hard.  I just wanted to be "home" (Plano) where I would know where to get what I wanted and would jump into my car to get it...minimal steps and minimal pain.

When Monoprix failed us again (I used to like this store!!!), we returned to Maison de Monde (didn't I say earlier I wanted to return to this mall?????). Still no baskets, but a cute pillow and a coffee tin.  It's the small things!!  At this mall there was also a Zara Home store and, voila, four perfect baskets AND two large, perfect bed pillows and white linen covers!!!  Jackpot!!!👏



The elusive baskets and a victory won!!!


All this shopping helped my spirits (isn't that called shopping therapy???) but maybe what helped the most was a long afternoon nap.  I have a lot of trouble with jet lag and we've been so busy I don't think my sleep's caught up.

What am I looking forward to??? I don't mind all the rain or the small space or even not being fluent in French.  I don't really mind the inconvenience of limited products-I just need to learn this new lifestyle comes with ups and downs.  I do mind not enjoying the process of walking because of my leg.

I look forward to the day when "home" means Paris, France!!  I believe that day will come.....

No comments:

Post a Comment