Wednesday, May 16, 2018

QUIET MONDAY

Waking to a cloudy, cool Paris Monday in the aftermath of a migraine headache, we decided to just take it easy and stay in till later in the day.  A light breakfast was eaten as we talked about the things we each wanted to address while we were staying in.

There's always a little laundry since the machine is small and the loads are long.  And then, for my things, there's the drying rack which takes considerable time.  I had some snail mail I wanted to write and also some emails I wanted to take care of.

At the market on Saturday we had purchased some fresh peas for a new pasta dish we wanted to try.  I've never cooked with fresh peas, green beans yes, but not peas.  In the US I never needed to since I could get frozen peas.  I couldn't find them here so....fresh peas!  So one of the things we did that morning was shell peas.  I actually enjoyed the process and they looked beautiful!

How pretty do these look?


Early that evening, before we went to BSF, we prepared the recipe "Lemon and Pea Carbonara", compliments of one of the bloggers I follow.  The recipe was pretty easy.  We used fresh pasta from the market and our fresh peas and, voila, a pretty, very tasty light dinner!!!

Light and lovely!

We buy the pasta for "deux" (two) so don't really expect much left but there is, so it looks like we'll have a nice little lunch some afternoon!  And I'll be looking for other recipes where I can use fresh peas again!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment