Tuesday, May 8, 2018

MONDAY MONDAY....

We knew Monday was going to be a busy day...filled mostly with enjoyable things.  But, like often happens, the day took a few detours of its own!!!

The first activity on our plan for the day was our participation in an interview for the ACP Today radio show that is broadcast the first and third Mondays of each month at 8:45.  We had been contacted several weeks ago and asked to participate and, of course, we said "why not"?  So, for the first time since we've been here (I think!), I was up at 6:45 and we were out the door a little before 7:30.  After two Metros, with some walking in between Metros,  we had to walk an additional couple of blocks because the Metro was down where we were to exit.  We arrived right on time (amazing!!!) and rang the bell to enter the building.  No answer.  So maybe the staff isn't there yet.  We wait.....ring again.   No answer.   David checks the initial email.  You guessed it!  The program airs, live, at 8:45 P.M.!!!!!!!!!!   Argghhhhhh!!!!!!! There are legitimate reasons David made this error, but the bottom line is he goofed up!!!!  So, we went home!!!

The second activity for today was lunch with some new friends.  Diane and Patrice befriended us really before we even arrived in Paris in October.  Through the "Bloom" event that we had originally planned to attend in October, we met Diane and she has kept in touch with us since then.  They invited us to lunch in October, which is when we met Patrice and got to know them both better.  We haven't managed to get together since we've been here,  but this was the day.  We met them at a small restaurant where some business friends had given us a gift card.  The day was absolutely beautiful and perfect for eating outdoors...the best way to enjoy the day!

Le Relais de l'Entrecote
Though we were outside, we were in the shade which was really nice.  It was perfect!  The thing with this restaurant is they only offer one menu choice - salad, steak and frites (French fries that were to die for!!!).  Those of you who know me know I'm not a big beef eater and this beef is prepared "medium" (meaning pink inside-really not my choice!).  But I went with it,  and I have to say it was the best beef I have ever had!!!  Seriously, it was fabulous and had this great (I'm thinking mustard) sauce.  Part way through our meal, our waitress came by with more beef and more fries (I did pass on more fries...only because I had already eaten too many!!!!).  Then, of course, we all decided on dessert.  I opted to be "good" so instead of ordering my usual chocolate/ice cream delight, I ordered what I thought was a small pastry cup of berries with whipped cream.  Well....what I got was a large, pastry filled with berries (strawberries/raspberries) on top of ICE CREAM!!!!!!!!  And lots of whipped cream!!!!!!  Oh, well.....I had no choice but to eat what I ordered!!!!!  I love when those little surprises happen to us.  It's like buying a great pair of shoes and when you get to the counter to pay for them you discover they're on sale!!!!!
Lots of smiles when desserts look like this!
After our delightful lunch and a stroll through St. Germain Des Pres Church, we headed home for my chiropractor's appointment.  Our original plan had been to go to BSF following this appointment,  but because of the earlier time error with the radio interview, we had to miss BSF and to go back to the radio station.  Another long trek and my leg was killing me from all the walking we'd donešŸ˜¢.

Back at the building where the radio broadcast was being done, we were welcomed by a Amit, an ACP member who is just one of quite a few who host these broadcasts.  Others to be interviewed were Jake, an ACP staffer who shared about church membership;  Joe, A Campus Crusade ACP member who is involved in the Men's Bible study and Kym, an ACP member who was sharing a song that has special meaning to her.   Having never done anything like this before, I felt a little uncomfortable at first and was very conscious about choosing my words and not rambling (I know, I know.....but I really was very controlled!!!!).  I discovered the thing to do is forget it's radio and just talk as if you were having a conversation.  That I can do!!!!  David and I talked about it later....I enjoyed the experience and would be happy to be one of the volunteer hosts if they ever needed one.  We decided we'd make a good couple host team!  

In my next life, maybe I'll do this!!!!

Because I wanted you to get a real picture of our radio experience, I'm posting this terrible picture that my sweet, but non-paid therefore not always great, photographer took at the beginning of the session!!!!  This is why real bloggers make money...they pay professionals to get good shots of them!!!!  But don't I look like I know what I'm doing???!!!

Anyway, we were getting on the bus to go home at 10:15 and hadn't even eaten dinner!  We came home, had a little leftover quiche and went to bed.  It had been a busy, but fun, day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment