Thursday, June 7, 2018

THIS AND THAT...

And so life goes on....it seems no matter where you live you eventually find yourself in a routine, a pattern if you will, of living.  After three months in Paris, we, I think, are in our routine.  And to the surprise (perhaps disappointment) of some, it's not so different from our routine in Plano.  Now, the environment of our routine is much more beautiful (we think) and there are, of course, differences in the routine but it is, still, a routine.

I needed to go back to the hair salon for a touch-up and cut (I hadn't had a haircut since we left Plano).  I went in prepared with a picture from Pinterest and what I wanted to say written out in French so I could remember!  I THOUGHT I was prepared!!!!

That's me on the right-haircolor looks similar to  below!
I showed the picture, I spoke the sentences in French (I even showed her the written words!) and we were off.....I thought.  When she took the towel off my hair, I think I literally gasped.  My hair looked really dark!!!!😟. But I know from experience wet hair is darker than dry hair so I went with it.  As she began to blow-dry it, I knew I was in trouble.  Let's just say it never got much lighter!  We talked about it (well, we TRIED to talk about between her broken English and my stumbling French!) and decided to leave it and if I didn't like it better in a few days, I could come back for a redo.    Well, it's not any lighter, I'm not sure I like it any better but, for now, I may just leave it and see if it grows on me.  I THINK this is more my natural color.....I don't really remember!!!!!!!!😂

Here's the new (or old!!!) me!!!!
So yesterday some friends called and asked if we wanted to go with them to visit a park nearby, Park Bagatelle,  that has a beautiful rose/flower garden and peacocks.  Why not????  It was a little cloudy so with umbrella in hand (or actually in purse!!!), we headed off (they picked us up in their car----oh, a car......I do miss my car!!!!!!!).

The park was quite a ways out,  but we enjoyed visiting with our friends on the drive.  He's from Paris and really knows French history so we heard lots of wonderful stories.  Once at the park, we walked first to a home that had been built for Marie Antoinette.  It's closed now (I think for renovations) so you can just view the entrance and the outside. I'm a little intrigued by her so seeing this house was an unexpected treat for me.  And, I learned more about her from our friend!!!  Win, win!!!!


Imagine living here!!

We continued walking until we came upon this fellow and some of his friends.  They let us get pretty close-what magnificent color they had!  He just pranced regally around!!!




The rose garden was very pretty but many of the bushes were fairly spent from an earlier rain.  I can only imagine how beautiful they all were a few weeks ago.  But it was still a serene place to have a sit and take in the all the colors and types of petals.


This is a just a small corner of the garden
The park closes at 6:00,  and we left a little before that.  The sky had gotten darker,  and it began raining as we were on the drive home.  Perfect timing for a nice little afternoon outing and a little history and nature!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment