Saturday, December 23, 2017

Christmas Moment #2




While I was with Tracey (my sister) in that cute shop I mentioned previously, she showed me a necklace she'd considered getting me that had the Scripture "for such a time as this" written on it.  She knows I love this verse from the book of Esther in the Bible.

Why do I like this verse and what does it have to do with our Paris dream???

Esther was a young Jewish girl placed in the King's court against her will and then made Queen against her will. When her people's lives were threatened, her uncle sends her this message:

          "And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?" 
                                                                                                             Esther 4:14b

I think of that often these days.  Is my life more than just a sequence of events and places?  Has each place I've called home, each person I've called friend, and each church I've called family been in my life "for such a time as this"?    I believe so.

And now Paris awaits...for such a time as this...
       

No comments:

Post a Comment