Monday, November 20, 2017

 November 19, 2017

A year has passed and our dream is slowly coming together.  We started taking French last summer and are continuing the weekly tutoring.  Slowly we are mastering "un peu" (a little) of the beautiful language.  We realize many in Paris speak English (as people always tell us!), but we also believe it shows our love and respect of their country and language and our desire to share their culture by speaking their language...even a little.

The French has been really tough for me.  I took four years of high school Spanish and was pretty good (if I do say so myself!!!!).  I think of myself as a language person, not a math or science person.  That said, this is killing me!!!!!  David and I are spending considerable time listening to an audio lesson, watching an online video and doing workbook lessons.  Let's just say it's way more French than my 64 yr. old brain can master!!!!  However, on our trip in October we were able to speak some French (and be understood!!!!) and that was pretty exciting! I've decided I'll always sound like an American speaking French!!!!



Also on our October trip we realized the housing situation was more difficult than we realized.  We had been viewing online apartments for months to get an idea of what was out there and prices etc.
While there we spoke with several realtors who were helpful and gave us more information; however, we were unable to see any actual apartments since we won't need one til March.

For months we'd been receiving the online newsletter of Adrian Leeds, the Paris-Nice realtor on House Hunters International.  David contacted her office and we were able to set up a lunch meeting with her.  And, voila, she is working with us to find us the perfect apartment.  More about that next time!!

God sometimes answers in unexpected ways...

No comments:

Post a Comment