Monday, October 14, 2019

SHARING OUR PARIS - Part 1

A week ago some dear friends arrived for some time in Paris.  We love the opportunity to show people "our Paris".  They had a bucket list of sights, and David was able to help them navigate the public transportation so they could spend time with us and without us!

This couldn't have been better if they had posed!

We had lunch at a new little cafe around the corner from our apartment, Linette's, and just down the street from their hotel,  Le Derby Alma, which made it all so convenient.    We'd been wanting to try this cute little place so we loved this opportunity to venture in.   It was really good and is small and cozy inside.

Linette's
Sara and I at lunch

After lunch they headed to the Arc de Triomphe for their first Paris sight.  We gave them directions,  and they were off.  Later they told us they had trouble finding the elevator at the Arc so walked up all the stairs to reach the top!  David's done this (of course!!), but even he said it's a haul.  However, it gave them some beautiful views and they loved the experience.  Bucket list, check!

We met up with them the next afternoon at Notre Dame.  As we were waiting, I sat outside Shakespeare and Company absorbing Paris life.  There was a elderly violinist playing in the little courtyard outside the bookstore (which I always love!).  I dropped some euros into his violin case and sat listening to him play as I watched people strolling with their dogs, pushing children in strollers, chatting at the adjoining cafe...all just enjoying the crisp, clear fall day with no rush to be somewhere else.

Always worth a few euros!

Now this is the Paris life I love!

As I was sitting listening to the music and sounds of street life, I noticed this sign on the outside wall of the cafe.

You never know when you'll see something that strikes a chord

I love this---"believe in impossible things (Alice in Wonderland).  I guess that's what I've done this past year, believed I could ever live in Paris, believe I could ever leave all that was familiar, believe I could learn "some" of another language, believe I could embrace another of life/culture and grow from it.  Believe in impossible things!!!!

Odette's for a sweet treat then off toward home.  On the way, we stopped at Saint Suplice (one of our favorite neighborhood churches) before separating to prepare for our evening dinner cruise.

Always smiling at Odette's

Eeny,  meeny,  miny, moe....grab a creampuff as you go!

The weather was off and on...clear with blue skies and then, suddenly, cooler, windy and rainy.  Welcome to Paris in October!

David and I love the dinner cruise!  It's a quiet and beautiful way to see the city without walking!😉
We had a wonderful evening of delicious food and even better visiting.  Friends are definitely the ice cream to my brownie...the chocolate in my croissant!!!


The four of us as we passed the Eiffel Tower


When Sara and Dave arrived and turned down our street, Sara was overwhelmed by the unexpected vision of the Eiffel Tower.  I shared with her my "I'm such a dork because I never get tired of seeing it" and she said "It's magical!"  I couldn't agree more!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment