Monday, October 28, 2019

COUNTDOWN - DAY 5

I can't believe it's only five more days til we're back in the US.  David and I were talking about it, and he doesn't seem to have these "wonder" feelings that I do.  You know, how can 20 months have gone so quickly...it doesn't seem possible etc. etc.  I guess it's more a girl thing!!!

Anyway, this week is about packing up and moving out of the apartment.  So this morning while David ran a few errands, I began going through my things...sorting, making piles, throwing away things I didn't need or want to take.  We worked til noon when we had lunch plans with Sue, a friend from church.

Just another view...what a mess!!!!

Laundry hanging and stuff all over the table


You can see the mess we have!!  I'm not sure where we'll eat breakfast tomorrow!!!!

Lunch with Sue was really nice,  and it was good to sit with her and talk about our plans (of course, that's what everyone wants to know), our time in Paris and The American Church.  She worked with us both years at Bloom and was an anchor for us both years.  She's been at ACP for many years and has lots of experience and knowledge about Bloom.  It was really invaluable to us.  We'll miss her and her commitment to ACP.

David and Sue at last year's Bloom

After lunch, we came back and worked more on the packing.  What a job!!!  David thinks we may need to buy another piece of luggage...that all that's left won't fit in the bags we have left.  We probably should have shipped more home via the moving company.  But it's one of those things you just don't know until it's too late.  Oh, well.  I'll have to let you know tomorrow how it all works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment