Sunday, January 12, 2020

DAY OF REST??????

I know...you're shocked to have another post so fast!!!  What can I say?  I'm full of surprises!!!!

The small group we've kind of connected with at Church of the Resurrection-Leawood wasn't going to meet today due to the weather (what??????!!!) so David and I decided to try their campus downtown Kansas City.  It's closer to us (which would be nice) but receive Adam Hamilton's message by satellite (which we weren't particularly thrilled about).  This way we wouldn't have to miss the small group to check out downtown.  Smart, huh??

There aren't small groups downtown on Sunday morning😢 so the good news was we didn't need to be there til worship..we decided to go to the 11:00 as we always do.  Our expectations were the congregation would probably be small and young and the music would be contemporary.  We were right on the music.  The congregation was a mix of young and old which was good.  The music, though they did sing "How Great Thou Art", was contemporary.  I thought of some of our grandsons and that they might like it.

A picture from their website-no blue skies today!!

Where's the choir???!!!

It's a nice facility but small, which is why they don't have small groups there.  There is, however, a children's area and a small do-it-yourself coffee bar area.  The musicians were very good...if you like that kind of music.  But the staff here was very friendly and kind,  and they're beginning a Wednesday morning "retired" small group that might interest us.

Watching Adam Hamilton via satellite wasn't as bad as we thought since we both pretty much watch the screens at the main campus (better view).  I just wonder if we'll feel as connected at this campus.  They seem to offer many different venues to get involved in...why is this so hard??

After church we came home and put our dinner in the oven - Stay in Bed Stew, a recipe I used to make when there were five of us ready to eat after church.  Then I'd put it together before church, stick it in the oven and it would be ready when we got home.  Easy peasy!!!  So in an hour or so we'll be eating.  I like that.

While many people were gathered to watch their favorite football team (Kansas City played today and won!), we went to the gym.  Yeah!  It's the first time we've gone since joining because we've been out of town.  It was pretty empty and, like others, I HATE going but LOVE when we leave.  I always feel good leaving that I did it...my goal is to go three times a week (minimally) and in between do some yoga at home with a routine I've downloaded.

No selfie though I don't get gross and sweaty!!

It really is a nice facility and the equipment is very nice.  I listened to my own music but they had multiple TV screens (which you can see in the picture) and Hallmark was on one and HGTV was on another (of course, the football game was on one too!!!).

And now I'm wearing a hydrating face mask getting beautiful!!!!!!😂. Hope springs eternal!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment