Wednesday, November 20, 2019

I'M OFFICIAL

Okay, I mentioned in my last post I was going to a new nail salon Monday.  Though I haven't been doing mani-pedis while I was in Paris (I decided I could do it myself just as well as the girl there so why not save the $$$????), occasionally it's really nice to get it done by a professional.

This salon is very close to the apartment, easily walking distance (even for me).  The salon was very nice inside and the staff was very professional and kind.  The young woman who did my nails and toes didn't speak much English so next time I will ask for someone who speaks more English.  I don't care about just visiting, but I do like to be able to express my concerns, likes etc.

Simple on the outside, very nice on the inside

There's a hair salon around the corner from the nail salon and we stepped into it after my nails to check it out for my next appointment (early December).  It's owned by Ron and Maggie who also are the stylists.  I don't know if there are other stylists...I didn't see anyone else when we were there.  David ended up getting his hair cut so we may have found a home!!



We'll give this a try..hair isn't easy!!

As we were driving, we saw this statue and David went back later to get a closer look.  It's a lovely setting and David, who has read a lot about Churchill, wasn't aware of this memorial.  I'm anxious to get a closer look at it.

Clementine and Winston-I love this!

If you look in the above picture, you can see a bench to the left where you can sit

Yesterday morning we went to the DMV and got the car legalized AND got our Missouri driver's licenses. There was a little bump in that road, but it was easily taken care of and now we just wait to get the license.  Yeah!!!!  It was an independently licensed agent for handling motor vehicle registration and driver's licenses.  I don't know if that's the reason, but it wasn't very busy when we were there and it was no big deal.  That was great!!

All in all, a successful day.  Oh, and we walked the walking path in the park across the street.  It's very nice,  and the path is cushioned (which David had said from his first walk there) and is so much easier for my hip.  Remember, I mentioned there are strength stations periodically.  I think there are four and we stopped at each and did some strength training.  I felt I really got a good workout and the day was beautiful so it was enjoyable.  I need to do that 3-4 times a week and I won't need a gym.

Gotta work those triceps-don't want chicken wings!!!!

A rowing machine-my Aunt Ann used one every day
And we ended the day with hamburgers and a Hallmark Christmas movie!  Can't beat that!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment