Tuesday, April 23, 2019

FAMILY AND FUN - PART FOUR (AND THE END!!!)

The week the kids were here we packed a lot into each day.  Buses were taken, metros were ridden and miles (or maybe I should say "steps") were amassed.  Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of their last week was no different.  This post has already been so lengthy, I'm going to try and have just minimal script and more pictures to show you what we did and what a fun time we had.

Monday we had a tour of Opera Garnier planned for the morning for Nikki, Scott, Sam and I and David and Levi went to find the Thomas Jefferson statue (a favorite of Levi's) and go back to the trampolines!  I love this opera house and was happy to tour it again with the kids.  Our guide was very good,  and it's a visit I'd recommend to anyone.


In front of "The Phantom's" box

While we were visiting "The Phantom", Levi and David were discovering some history...

Levi and Tom!!


Jumping releases lots of stored up energy!!

Then we all met up and found a place for a light lunch before our afternoon Chocolate Tour (yummy!!).

Walking from our opera tour to meet David and Levi

Paris Walks is a fabulous walking tour company in Paris.  Peter and Oriel Caine own the company,  and Peter has been a speaker at Bloom for many years.  David and I have been on several of their tours,  and all were wonderful.  The Chocolate Tour was no different.  Brigette took us to three different chocolatiers and one patisserie,  and we got samples everywhere.  Seriously, by the end, we were all stuffed!!  She was a wealth of information while being warm and friendly.  This was a private tour (which we paid more for) and that was especially nice, I think.


Jean Paul Hevin Chocolatier

What a busy, fun day we had!

Tuesday we had tickets to the Atelier des Lumieres that was doing a Van Gogh exposition.  I think we all enjoyed this outing, and it wasn't as crowded as I remember it being when David and I went to see a Gustav Klimt exposition.






Sam was interested in Pere Lachaise Cemetery to see where Chopin was buried.  We did a little research ahead of time (so we wouldn't be wondering all over to find the grave) and headed out to the cemetery after Van Gogh.  While there,  we also saw the graves of Colette and Jim Morrison.  I think the boys thought it wouldn't be very fun, but, actually, it's a very interesting place to stroll.  Who knew???!!!

Lunch was followed by some miscellaneous shopping: Happy Socks (for Sam), MAC (for me), E Dehillerin (for Nikki - she bought a really nice crepe pan-this is the kitchen store where Julia Child shopped and I love it), and a little yarn store (for Nikki).  We ended the day at Les Deux Magots because our chocolate tour guide, Brigette, said they probably have the best hot chocolate.  We sat outside, all tired and appreciating the opportunity to sit.  The hot chocolate???  It was very thick and very sweet.  Too much for me.  I prefer others I've had.  However, Nikki got a Les Deux Magots cup and saucer so she was happy!

A little "sit" break while Nikki checks out a yarn store (see Scott in the background!!)

Wednesday, their last day in Paris, the others went on a walking tour of Montmartre and Levi and I stayed home.   I'd had a migraine the night before and allergy problems so I knew I wasn't up to a day of walking and standing.  We gave Levi the option of going or staying,  and he decided to stay home too.  He and I just relaxed (he watched TV and I did some little things around the house and took it easy) while the others spent literally all day touring, lunch and getting back and forth.


The Wall of Love in Montmartre-"I love you" repeated 311 times in 250 languages


A typical site on a square in Montmartre


Le Passe-Muraille is a story about a man who discovers he can walk through walls-this statue is located in Montmartre

Once everyone was back home, Levi and I were ready to get out for a while so the guys walked over to Champ de Mars to see the Eiffel Tower and Nikki and I went to a little yarn store near us.

All the guys!

We met up at, you guessed it, Amorino, for ice cream cones!!

I love this place!!!



For their last dinner in Paris, they wanted to experience a real French meal so Nikki chose a little restaurant near us (their treat!!), Le P'tit Troquet,  and we all dressed up (a little) and acted like we were real Parisians!  The restaurant was a lovely, little place.  It was quiet, the food was good and the service impeccable.  I would certainly go back.

Le P'tit Troquet

After dinner we walked over to watch the Eiffel Tower twinkle...

Au revoir Paris!

...it was the perfect ending for their Paris trip.  The next morning they were on their way home...and we got back to our normal Paris life.

Ready for the trip home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment