Thursday, August 9, 2018

THE WHEELS ON THE BUS......

I've mentioned previously that, though we take the Metro on occasion, I prefer the bus.  Don't get me wrong, you who have traveled the Metro on many occasions, the Metro is probably the faster of the two modes of transportation since it's not dealing with the traffic.  However, when I'm on the bus I can see the city we're driving through, the people walking by on their way to work or play, and the sites of parks, monuments and beautiful architecture.  Such a day occurred earlier this week.  We'd decided to visit yet another museum!!!!  Here's a little of our bus journey to The Gustave Moreau Museum-Home in the 9th district.


I never tire of the architecture

A park along the Champs-Elysees we passed

The Champs-Elyses with the Arc de Triomphe

Unlike some of his peers, Moreau's home has survived as it was when he died in l898, the only home turned into a museum during the lifetime of its occupier and at his initiative.  The home was originally purchased for Moreau and his parents who lived on the first floor, Moreau's studio was on the floor above and they leased out the ground floor.  Eventually a studio/gallery was added above the lower studio with a steep spiral staircase leading to it (I didn't go up there!!).


The French flag marks the entrance to the Gustave Moreau Museum-Home


Moreau's bedroom-I love the table with  chess!


The winding staircase to Moreau's upper studio

As you can see from these photos, there are paintings hung everywhere.  They were often drawn from Biblical or mythological stories.  I saw lots of Eve and Moses from the Old Testament of the Bible.  While his home was very interesting to visit, I wasn't as fond of his style of art as I am others we have seen.  But it was a nice little morning outing for only 6Euros.

We walked around a little.  We even walked by an apartment we had considered leasing before we found our current apartment.  Over and over David and I have voiced how perfect our little apartment is for us.  We had our "list" of "needs" and "wants" and, seriously, I think the only area not met was, of course, budget!!!!  We did go over budget a tiny bit!

We hopped on another bus and knew we were close to home when we saw this:

When we see her, we know we're close to home!!!

We had stopped at a little corner patisserie and picked up lunch.  Once home we had our lunch and talked about living in another era and now living in Paris where even riding the bus is almost entertainment because the sites are so unique and breathtaking.

I'm getting addicted to these sandwiches!!!
And we're getting to live here.....



Oh, just a note.  As of a week or ten days ago, we have two baby birds in our geranium!!! Mama Bird is taking good care of them....I don't know how long they'll be there before they "join the rest of the birds"!!!  I hope our poor flower can be resuscitated from the birth!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment