Friday, February 16, 2018

FIFTEEN DAYS BUT WHO'S COUNTING??????

I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted news.  Someone said to me recently she hadn't read anything in my blog lately.  I replied, "I know this is hard to believe coming from me, but I actually haven't had anything to say!!".  Which is REALLY rare for me!!!!!!

The truth is the days have been passing quietly, mostly, with nothing really to share about our upcoming move.  There are been open houses nearly every weekend (😖) and many showings (👏), but no happy news.  It's like everyone (or most everyone) loves the house but no one wants to buy it!!!  Until they did!!!

On Monday, my birthday, we got a contract on the house!  After some negotiating,  we reached an agreement and the ball started rolling.   So now we are in the process of sorting--things to store in our little storage room we've rented, things to leave for the estate sale, and things to take to Paris with us (which is getting smaller every day!!).  The other day David and I took a carload of boxes to store.


Amazing how little is "close to my heart"

We've designated this space for the things we, hypothetically, plan to take to Paris.  However, that box on the right hasn't been gone through so I'm thinking much of it will go to storage.


The table and chairs will go into the sale and the plates on the right may go to storage.  Right now we're just doing the first round of organizing.  Later we'll probably have to narrow things down.  Luckily, I'm a good purger (is that a word???!!!) and don't hold on to things too tight.

Moving to a new country isn't for sissies, that's for sure!!!!  So now we're homeless and without country (did I just sound like Meg Ryan in French Kiss???!!!).  For now.......

  


No comments:

Post a Comment